You never know what’s around the corner, that’s why the Subaru BRZ is built with some of the very latest technologies. It’s safety without compromise - an integral part of any performance car.
Subaru BRZ tS shown
Thanks to its clever combination of collision protection technology, Subaru BRZ has achieved the maximum 5 star ANCAP1 safety rating. This is a result of an incredibly rigorous safety innovation program that includes seven SRS2 airbags - dual front, dual front side, curtain-style and drivers knee - and a whiplash-reducing design, which provides extreme support for passengers’ head, neck and torso.
In case of an accident, the ring-shaped passenger cell redirects impact energy around your passengers, while the body frame is structured to distribute the impact to reduce cabin distortion. Add to that energy absorbing crumple zones and pre-tensioner front seat belts. Now enjoy the drive with the confidence of top-rated collision protection technology.
Subaru BRZ Premium shown
1. The Australasian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) gives consumers consistent information on the level of occupant protection provided by vehicles in serious front and side crashes.
2. SRS: Supplemental Restraint System.Effective when used in conjunction with seatbelts.
Driver Assistance at the Ready
Sudden stopping. Surprise roadworks. Hairpin turns. Subaru BRZ is ready for extreme urban conditions with its electronic driver assist system, Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC). Featuring a range of stability and braking technologies, VDC steps in to help maintain your safety.
Constantly analysing through an array of sensors, VDC includes:
- Electronic Stability Control: Helps you gain control if you unexpectedly understeer or oversteer, by applying brakes, reducing engine power and distributing torque.
- Traction Control System: Helps you minimise your wheel slip by reducing engine power.
- Anti-lock Braking System: Helps you stay in control by minimising stopping distance and maintaining vehicle control under brakes.
- Electronic Brake Force Distribution: Helps keep you safe by controlling the braking pressure to the front and rear wheels all the time.
- Brake Assist: Helps you in emergency situations by maximising stopping power.
Vehicle Stability Control (Subaru BRZ tS shown)
The Subaru BRZ is a classic sportscar built with the modern, cutting-edge driving technologies.
Vehicle Stability Control utilises sensors that constantly monitor wheel speeds, steering angle, brake pressure and G-forces. If the system detects a difference between the drivers intended path and the vehicle path, it can apply braking power and/or reduce torque to correct vehicle path.
Vehicle Stability Control also incorporates an all speed traction control system that senses loss of traction and applies braking force to the slipping wheels as necessary to maintain vehicle motion.
A Subaru BRZ turns heads but with a rear view reverse camera showing you exactly what’s behind you, you won’t have to turn yours.Subaru BRZ tS shown